Friday, May 8, 2009

Who is Mattradamus?

I am a sports bird that migrated South from the great state of Minnesota, through the mean corn fields of Iowa, a state that didn't show me a whole lot,Missouri and have found a home, not to mention a pair of cowboy boots and a nice Stetson in Texas. I briefly touched down in Pennsylvania, but wasn't there too long before I had to get back to the Republic of Texas, ah, I mean state of Texas (poking fun of the Texas radicals). I think as a boy you get into one of four things: Science, Music, Entertaining or Sports. At the time science was for nerds, I had no music ability and i'm not one for attention so the whole entertaining wasn't up my sleeve. I chose sports (you can thank me later dad).

Here are some of my sports credentials:
I have played the following competitively.... baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, lacrosse
I was once.... an all district basketball player, an intramural legend (I thought the movie, I Am Legend was about me, I was irritated to find out it wasn't)
I am now.... an arm chair quarterback (with a great arm), company softball power hitter (does it matter its co-ed?), a boxer in training (not to actually fight, but to get a good workout, you still think i'm super tough though, right?)
I have won.... 2 fantasy football leagues in the last two years (2007 FFCL and 2008 Yahoo) a checker tournament in the 3rd grade (I have some brains with all this braun!) and numerous NCAA basketball tournament pools

Now that you know a little bit about me and my background, sit back and enjoy the sports debauchery that will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment